One liners

5/30/2006 11:05:00 pm

I've really fallen behind in my blogging. Crazy busy. Here's some stuff I've wanted to blog about; condensed into a series of one liners ...

  • »Gliffy, have students collaboratively construct a mind map of a unit of study just before the test. Good review and permanent, updateable study tool for exams. (via Cheryl Oakes and David Warlick)

  • »Gabbly. Our chatbox service provider has gone offline. This might be the replacement, but does it allow for moderation of posts? (via Miguel Guhlin)

  • »I've been cited in three recent publications: Terry Freedman's Coming of Age in an article by Alan November; the Working Toward Excellence Journal Spring 2006 issue, published by the Alabama Best Practices Center -- Educating the Digital Generation (this evolved out of my ongoing collaboration with Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach); ISTE's Learning & Leading with Technology, May 2006 issue in an article by Frances Jacobson Harris. Cool.

  • »I wish I could be here and there.

  • »Terry Freedman is doing a series of info-posts about how to use Flickr Toys in an educational setting.

  • »My class' wiki solution manual projects are winding down. My department's new planning wiki is winding up. (Sorry, that one is private ... for now. ;-)) One of my AP Calculus students has left the country. She's completing her take-home exam online using a wiki she created.

  • »We had our first BPRIME workshop using the new format. Feedback so far has been very positive. The next (and last one for this year) is on June 26.

  • »Matt Ready is the founder of Vaestro (rhymes with Maestro). "Education" is the fastest growing and largest category of audio channels. Matt has a vision for how it can be used in education. I've got a blog post reply still in draft form. The days are too short.

OK, so they're not "one liners" they're "a few liners." One line just isn't long enough. ;-)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Darren
    thanks for the 2 mentions. I hae actually cited your work in the latest issue of Computers in Classrooms too -- not ready yet, but I will send you a copy when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous31/5/06 19:22

    Hi Terry,

    I'm honoured. Thank you. I've copied Coming of Age and have passed along about 20 copies to other educators I know. I also recommended your book as an excellent starting off point for teachers thinking about using web 2.0 tools in their classrooms in a recent podcast I did with Dean Shareski.

    I'm really enjoying your review of all the flickr "toys." You're providing a valuable public service, thanks for that as well.

    Cheers,
    Darren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Darren -- flattery will get you everywhere! LOL.

    What's the best email address to use for you btw?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/6/06 13:18

    I never realized I didn't have my contact info on this blog. That's fixed now. You'll find it in the side bar under my picture.

    Thanks for that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete