Coming of age ...

5/08/2006 06:21:00 pm

Terry Freedman has collected a series of articles written by 14 educators from across the globe on the uses and applications of the read/write web in education including fellow Manitoban John Evans. In Terry's own words:

  • The main objectives of the publication are first to inspire teachers to want to try some of these "new tools" for themselves and with their classes, and then to provide practical advice and guidance on how to do so.

Terry has also put together a wiki to keep the project growing and a superglu page to keep up with discussion of the book across the blogosphere.

I've had the book copied and distributed to all the teachers in my department, our administrators and a couple of other teachers I know who might be interested in learning about "all this stuff." I'd like encourage you to do the same in your school.

I'm probably one of the last people to post about it as it came out about two weeks ago. I read that Miguel's favourite page was page 43. I like page 30. ;-)

(Click on the book to download it. 1.9 Mb)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. You're famous, dude! I read about you in one national publication last week! It's only natural you appear 13 pages ahead of me! (actually, I'm shocked I appeared at all).

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/5/06 21:54

    Thanks Miguel. I'm not at all surprised you're in there. The open source resources and thought provoking articles you publish on a daily basis have made you a must read in my aggregator.

    I have to admit though, I'm somewhat in awe of the volume of material you are able to consume and publish. You're an important "information conduit/filter" on my network. How do you do that?

    Wes too. I remember when Will came back from his hiatus. The first thing he posted was: "Did Wes really write 49 posts while I was away?" I don't know how he does it either.

    You're both "must reads." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11/5/06 10:59

    Must be something in that Texas water -- any chance they'll bottle some and send it our way?

    ReplyDelete