Tuesday, May 30, 2006

One liners

·

I've really fallen behind in my blogging. Crazy busy. Here's some stuff I've wanted to blog about; condensed into a series of one liners ...

  • »Gliffy, have students collaboratively construct a mind map of a unit of study just before the test. Good review and permanent, updateable study tool for exams. (via Cheryl Oakes and David Warlick)

  • »Gabbly. Our chatbox service provider has gone offline. This might be the replacement, but does it allow for moderation of posts? (via Miguel Guhlin)

  • »I've been cited in three recent publications: Terry Freedman's Coming of Age in an article by Alan November; the Working Toward Excellence Journal Spring 2006 issue, published by the Alabama Best Practices Center -- Educating the Digital Generation (this evolved out of my ongoing collaboration with Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach); ISTE's Learning & Leading with Technology, May 2006 issue in an article by Frances Jacobson Harris. Cool.

  • »I wish I could be here and there.

  • »Terry Freedman is doing a series of info-posts about how to use Flickr Toys in an educational setting.

  • »My class' wiki solution manual projects are winding down. My department's new planning wiki is winding up. (Sorry, that one is private ... for now. ;-)) One of my AP Calculus students has left the country. She's completing her take-home exam online using a wiki she created.

  • »We had our first BPRIME workshop using the new format. Feedback so far has been very positive. The next (and last one for this year) is on June 26.

  • »Matt Ready is the founder of Vaestro (rhymes with Maestro). "Education" is the fastest growing and largest category of audio channels. Matt has a vision for how it can be used in education. I've got a blog post reply still in draft form. The days are too short.

OK, so they're not "one liners" they're "a few liners." One line just isn't long enough. ;-)

4 comments:

Terry Freedman said...
31/5/06 18:07  

Darren
thanks for the 2 mentions. I hae actually cited your work in the latest issue of Computers in Classrooms too -- not ready yet, but I will send you a copy when it's done.

Darren said...
31/5/06 19:22  

Hi Terry,

I'm honoured. Thank you. I've copied Coming of Age and have passed along about 20 copies to other educators I know. I also recommended your book as an excellent starting off point for teachers thinking about using web 2.0 tools in their classrooms in a recent podcast I did with Dean Shareski.

I'm really enjoying your review of all the flickr "toys." You're providing a valuable public service, thanks for that as well.

Cheers,
Darren

Terry Freedman said...
1/6/06 12:37  

Thanks, Darren -- flattery will get you everywhere! LOL.

What's the best email address to use for you btw?

Darren said...
1/6/06 13:18  

I never realized I didn't have my contact info on this blog. That's fixed now. You'll find it in the side bar under my picture.

Thanks for that. ;-)

Learning about learning ...

While walking ...
Best viewed "full screen." (Click on bottom right corner of any video when playing.)

With pictures ...
Best viewed "full screen." (Click on bottom right corner of any image when playing.)

Curating discoveries ...


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.

My Class Blogs

Class Blog 2004-2005
Class Blogs 2005 - 2006
Class Blogs 2006 - 2007
Class Blogs 2007 - 2008
Class Blogs 2008 - 2009

Delicious Links