A Rip, Mix, Learn Invitation ....

10/17/2005 01:18:00 am

I'm working on the Rip, Mix, Learn workshop I'll be giving this Friday. It occurred to me that when the teachers see the chatboxes on my classroom blogs they might like to play too. Well, this led to two more thoughts...

(1) I'll install the same chatbox on both the Rip, Mix, Learn blog and The Playground. That way, no matter where they're working in the course of the workshop they can talk to and help each other across the two blogs.

I thought this was a really cool idea. Really give them a taste of using the technology and learning from each other collaboratively.

(2) As I thought about this idea some more, I thought, "Darren, you're thinking too small. Think BIGGER. Collaboration is no longer dependent on space. Anyone anywhere can participate online if they're near a computer at the same time the workshop is going on.

It's scheduled to start at 9:00 am here in Winnipeg; that's central time. Is there anyone out there who would like to join in our fun? I mean, this'll really blow them away! Imagine, if even just a few people from different places join in the conversation by participating in the chatbox we'll have a real Rip, Mix, Learn Event with lots of Small Pieces, Loosely Joined. ;-)

By 9:30 am the participants will be into the blogging part of the workshop. The chatbox will be invisible on the Rip, Mix, Learn site until then. Then or shortly after would be a good time for anyone who's available to jump in on the chatbox. Of course, you're ALL invited! If you could let me know whether or not to expect you by leaving a comment on this post it will make the facilitating a little easier for me -- of course, you could just surprise me. ;-)

PS Has anyone found any of the "easter eggs" yet?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Glad to have you join the fun Sheryl! I'll "see" you Friday morning. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went Easter egg hunting the other day -- but had very little luck. Of course, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for . . .

    Hope to see you during the presentation tomorrow -- if my grades are in, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! We've got two confirmed blogging participants and who knows how many unannounced visitors we'll have. ;-) I'm very excited about tomorrow morning!!

    As for the "easter eggs" -- in my head I call them "afikomen" but only a few people will get that joke ;-) -- here's the first one: look at the bulleted list after the heading
    "What I do with blogs in the classroom:"

    between the 4th and 5th bullet there is some "empty space." Move your cursor around that space and watch the "link bar" at the bottom of your browser window (Safari doesn't have one of these, but you'll notice a change in the cursor). Explorer won't let you follow the link (like the Safari users you'll notice a change in the cursor; unlike them, you won't be able to follow it) but any other browser will -- Firefox is best.

    That's the first one. There are five more. Have fun. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, make that six more -- I just added another one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete