Smartboard

2/13/2007 11:18:00 pm

They're installing a smartboard in my classroom as I write this. It's a permanently mounted affair with the projector hung from the ceiling overhead. I'm also getting a wireless, bluetooth mouse and keyboard and I think they said I'm getting a wireless tablet too (not sure about that last one). I can't remember being so excited to go to work in the morning. ;-)

A shoutout to Terry Kaminsky and Ryan Maksymchuk for their advice, suggestions and offers to share resources. Everyone I know who has ever adopted the use of a smartboard says it has made them a better teacher. I'm looking forward to learning how this will change my teaching too. ;-)

Update February 14
My school received 4 SmartBoards yesterday. I'm on the second floor ... so I'm going to be the last install. I don't know how long it'll take them to get to me but I hope it will be before the end of the week. ;-)

You Might Also Like

11 comments